On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 5-20-13: Fiddlng the Forks of the Big Sandy River
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center Research in Coalfield Streams Highlighted in May 2013 Environmental Monitor Article
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings, May 20-June 3, 2013
- If Spring 2012 Came Early in Your Area, You’re Not Alone
- Nutria-sighting Website Allows Public to Help Control Spread of Invasive Rodent