On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- 32 Largest Electric-utility Companies’ Performance in Efficiency and Renewable Energy Assessed in July 2014 Report
- Geographic Information Systems’ Value to Virginia Localities Described in July 28, 2014, Richmond Times-Dispatch Article; Plus “Geography on the Web” from Va. Tech Department of Geography
- On Virginia Water Radio of July 28, 2014: Kingfisher
- Proposed New Regulations on Safety of Rail Transport of Crude Oil and Other Flammable Materials Announced July 23, 2014, by U.S. Dept. of Transportation
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 28–August 11, 2014