On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- The Fish Head Chronicles Video Series by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- Invasive Water Chestnut Removal, Wildlife Rehabilitation Conference in November, and More Available in September 24, 2014, Outdoor Report from Va. Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries
- On Virginia Water Radio for 9-29-14: Grebes
- Quick Guide to Virginia Water-related Events – September 23, 2014 Edition
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending September 22, 2014