On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- On Virginia Water Radio for Halloween 2014: American Witch Hazel
- Potential Natural Gas Drilling and Transport in Virginia under Close Scrutiny in 2014; Update as of 10-31-14
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 28, 2014
- Plans for Handling of Medical Waste if Virginia Experiences an Ebola Case Described in 10/24/14 Richmond Times-Dispatch Article; plus Link to More Information on Medical Waste Regulations in Virginia
- Increased Use of Natural Gas through 2050 and Potential Impacts on Climate Change Modeled in Study Published in the Journal “Nature” in October 2014