On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-20-14: Water and the Circulatory System
- Earth Applications of Space Program Water-purification Technology Described in Summer 2014 Newsletter from Arizona Water Resources Research Center
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 20-Nov. 3, 2014
- An Introduction to the Arctic and the Arctic Council
- Potential Natural Gas Drilling and Transport in Virginia under Close Scrutiny in 2014