On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Virginia Water Status Report as of the End of November 2013, Plus a Quick Look at Nationwide Drought
- Atlantic Tropical Storm Season-end Report Issued Nov. 30, 2013, by National Hurricane Center
- On Virginia Water Radio for 12-2-13: Get a Jump on Jack Frost with Winter Weather Preparedness Week
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow over the Past 7 Days, as of 11/27/13
- Virginia Rainfall and Snowfall Reports for Thanksgiving Week 2013 Storm Available from CoCoRaHS and National Weather Service