On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- On Virginia Water Radio for July 21, 2014: Bull Run
- Virginia Water-related Goverment Meetings for July 21–August 4, 2014
- Drought Report for Virginia and Elsewhere as of mid-July 2014
- California Drought 2012-2014 – A Quick Summary and Sources of Information, as of July 17, 2014
- 14-car Train Derailment in Wythe County, Va., on July 14, 2014; No Chemical Spills, Health Impacts, or Environmental Impacts Reported as of July 16