On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Large Industrial Sludge Land-application Permit in Six Virginia Counties Approved by SWCB in December 2014
- Water and Land Use in Virginia State Government News Releases for Dec. 12—Dec. 18, 2014: Meat-processing in Lynchburg, Distillery in Williamsburg, Ag/Forestry Grants, Apples to India, New Year’s Day in State Parks, Ag. Management Plan Grants, Water Quality Report, and Shellfish Grounds Leasing
- You’re Invited to Start the New Year at a Virginia State Park
- Weather, Climate, and Virginia’s Hampton Roads Area to be the Focus of a Two-part Workshop Series, Jan. 27-28, 2015 and Feb. 24, 2015.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 19, 2014-Jan. 12, 2015