On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Quick Guide to Virginia Water-related Events – October 24, 2014 Edition
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 27-Nov. 10, 2014
- River Basin Coordination Case Studies Examined in September 2014 Issue of Water Resources Impact, from the American Water Resources Association
- Water in Virginia State Government News Releases for Oct.15—Oct. 23, 2014: Agricultural Export Deal with China, DGIF HQ Move, Shellfish Training Dates in December 2014
- Climate-change Adaptation Plans by States Available in Online Tool Released in October 2014 by the Georgetown Climate Center