On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- On Virginia Water Radio for 3-10-14: Tornado Preparedness
- Chesapeake Bay Agreement Draft Revision Receiving Public Comment through March 17, 2014; Va. DEQ Listening Session to be held March 11, 2014
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Mar. 10–Mar. 24, 2014
- Virginia Water Status Report as of the End of February 2014, Plus a Quick Look at Nationwide Drought
- Drought in the Great Plains is Focus of Apr. 1-4, 2014, Symposium in Lincoln, Neb.