PowerPoint presentations are now available from the Virginia Water Monitoring Council’s (VWMC) annual conference, “Water Quality Monitoring: Tools for MS4 Compliance, TMDL Implementation, and Water Quality Protection & Restoration” held May 18, 2012, near Richmond. The seven presentations are posted at http://vwrrc.vt.edu/vwmc/2012Conference.htm. The conference was sponsored by Clean Virginia Waterways, Henrico County, Longwood University, the Virginia Water Resources Research Center, Virginia Tech, Filterra, Sutron, and YSI.
- Recreational Water and Beach Safety Information Sources from the Virginia Water Monitoring Council, 5/22/13
- Groundwater Depletions in 40 Aquifers Nationwide between 1900 and 2008 is Focus of May 2013 U.S. Geological Survey Report
- Tornado Preparedness in Virginia
- Tornado and Other Severe Storm Reports in Great Plains and Midwest May 18-20, 2013, from National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 5-20-13: Fiddling the Forks of the Big Sandy River