According to the July 2012 e-newsletter from the Center for Coastal Resources Management (CCRM) at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, “July 1, 2012, marked the 40th anniversary of the Virginia Tidal Wetlands Act, which recognized the environmental value of tidal wetlands; established a permitting system for their protection; and authorized a network of local wetlands boards to make decisions on development projects within individual localities.” You can sign up for the CCRM e-newsletter at http://www.ccrm.vims.edu/. Information about federal and state wetlands laws and regulations is available at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s Web site at http://www.deq.state.va.us/Programs/Water/WetlandsStreams.aspx. The Virginia Tidal Wetlands Act of 1972 is codified in 28.2-1300 of the Virginia Code.
- Virginia’s General Permit for Animal Feeding Operations Undergoing Reissuance; Four Public Hearings Held in December 2013
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 9-Dec. 23, 2013
- Virginia Water Status Report as of the End of November 2013, Plus a Quick Look at Nationwide Drought
- Atlantic Tropical Storm Season-end Report Issued Nov. 30, 2013, by National Hurricane Center
- On Virginia Water Radio for 12-2-13: Get a Jump on Jack Frost with Winter Weather Preparedness Week