The actual and potential impacts of natural gas hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) on forests and watersheds—including the Chesapeake Bay watershed—are the focus of “Fracking’s Footprint—Scientists Study Impact of Shale Gas Development on Pennsylvania’s Forests,” in the July 2012 issue of CSA News, available online at https://www.crops.org/publications/csa-news/. The article gives an introduction to the rapid expansion since 2004 of hydraulic fracturing wells in the Marcellus shale formation underlying Pennsylvania and other mid-Atlantic states, and discusses several research questions being investigated to help identify and possibly better manage fracking’s impacts. CSA News is published by the Crop Science Socity of America, the Soil Science Society of America, and the American Society of Agronomy. For more information about CSA News, phone (608) 273-8080 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water in the 2014 Virginia General Assembly – Resources for Following Legislation
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 16–Dec. 30, 2013
- Water in the 2014 Virginia General Assembly: Governor’s Water-quality Budget Items Announced Dec. 12, 2013
- Outdoor-writing Competitions for Virginia College and High School Students; Submission Deadline Feb. 3, 2014
- General Assembly Session Preparation, Student Outdoor-Writing Contest, Bass and Saltwater Fishing Expo in Caroline County in January 2014, and More Available in December 11, 2013, Outdoor Report from Va. Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries