On July 25, 2012, the Virginia Chesapeake Bay Restoration Fund Advisory Committee announced that $371,841 will be available this year for grants to conduct Chesapeake Bay-related restoration and education projects. The funds come from sale of Virginia’s “Friend of the Chesapeake” vehicle license plates. The Virginia General Assembly established the fund in 1992 and established the advisory committee (made up of General Assembly members) to make recommendations on use of the funds. According to a news release from the committee, $6.3 million has been disbursed from the fund since 1996. The deadline for applying for a grant from this year’s funds is October 1, 2012; the funds are to be awarded in May or June 2013. Applications are accepted from private non-for-profit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies. For more information on applying, visit http://dls.virginia.gov/commissions/cbr.htm?x=dld, or contact the Virginia Division of Legislative Services, 910 Capitol Street, Richmond, VA 23219; phone (804) 786-3591.
- Snowfall Totals for Northern Virginia and Maryland as of Mid-day Dec. 10, 2012
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 12-9-13: The Water Cycle
- Virginia Snow and Rain Reports for Dec. 6-9, 2013 Storm Available from CoCoRaHS and National Weather Service
- Power Outages in Virginia – Map Links from AEP and Dominion Power
- Virginia’s General Permit for Animal Feeding Operations Undergoing Reissuance; Four Public Hearings Held in December 2013