The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is convening a group of stakeholders to assist in determining the benefits and costs of the Commonwealth seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Section 404 permitting program under the federal Clean Water Act (CWA). Section 404 covers dredge and fill activities and is a key wetlands-related section of the CWA; it is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The study was called for by House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. The stakeholder group’s first meeting will be August 30, 9:30 a.m., at the DEQ Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond. For more information, contact William Norris, P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA 23218; phone (804) 698-4022 ; FAX (804)698-4347; TDD (804) 698-4021; William.Norris@deq.virginia.gov.
- Invasive Plants and Restoration of Natural Plant Communities will be Focus of Biennial Invasive Plant Conference in Shepherdstown, W. Va., July 31-Aug. 1, 2013
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings, May 27-June 10, 2013
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 5-27-13: Tropical Storm Season Preparedness
- Quick Guide to Virginia Water-related Events – May 23, 2013 Edition
- 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Released May 23, Predicting “Active or Extremely Active” Season of 13 to 20 Named Storms; Virginia’s Hurricane-preparedness Tax Holiday Runs May 25-31, 2013