The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is convening a group of stakeholders to assist in determining the benefits and costs of the Commonwealth seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Section 404 permitting program under the federal Clean Water Act (CWA). Section 404 covers dredge and fill activities and is a key wetlands-related section of the CWA; it is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The study was called for by House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. The stakeholder group’s first meeting will be August 30, 9:30 a.m., at the DEQ Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond. For more information, contact William Norris, P.O. Box 1105, Richmond, VA 23218; phone (804) 698-4022 ; FAX (804)698-4347; TDD (804) 698-4021; William.Norris@deq.virginia.gov.
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 12-9-13: The Water Cycle
- Virginia Snow and Rain Reports for Dec. 6-9, 2013 Storm Available from CoCoRaHS and National Weather Service
- Power Outages in Virginia – Map Links from AEP and Dominion Power
- Virginia’s General Permit for Animal Feeding Operations Undergoing Reissuance; Four Public Hearings Held in December 2013
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 9-Dec. 23, 2013