Seven-day precipitation over the U.S. Gulf Coast for the period ending at 8a.m. EDT (1200 UTC) on August 30, 2012, is shown in the map below from the National Weather Service’s Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service, at http://water.weather.gov/precip/ (accessed 8/30/12, 10:15 a.m.EDT). The seven-day total is mostly from the heavy rainfall on August 28-30 from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isaac. Visit this Web site to get rainfall totals for other individual states and for given periods of time. The Virginia Water Resources Research Center thanks that National Weather Service for making these maps available.
- Virginia’s General Permit for Animal Feeding Operations Undergoing Reissuance; Four Public Hearings Held in December 2013
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 9-Dec. 23, 2013
- Virginia Water Status Report as of the End of November 2013, Plus a Quick Look at Nationwide Drought
- Atlantic Tropical Storm Season-end Report Issued Nov. 30, 2013, by National Hurricane Center
- On Virginia Water Radio for 12-2-13: Get a Jump on Jack Frost with Winter Weather Preparedness Week