The 23rd annual Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race will be held October 7-14, 2012, with ships starting in Baltimore and ending in Portsmouth, Va. The race seeks to increase public awareness of the Bay’s maritime heritage and support for protection and restoration of the Bay’s natural resources, with proceeds donated to educational programs of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. For more information: http://www.schoonerrace.org; phone (757) 393-2220; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center Research in Coalfield Streams Highlighted in May 2013 Environmental Monitor Article
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings, May 20-June 3, 2013
- If Spring 2012 Came Early in Your Area, You’re Not Alone
- Nutria-sighting Website Allows Public to Help Control Spread of Invasive Rodent
- The Plants, Waters, and Wildlife of Chesterfield County, Va.’s, Rockwood Park are Focus of Article in the Spring 2013 Bulletin from the Virginia Native Plant Society