FracTracker, online at
, provides information on natural gas wells using hydraulic fracturing in the Marcellus shale area of New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. (The Marcellus formation also underlies part of Maryland and Virginia, but the site does not focus on those states). The site includes maps of the locations of natural gas wells, maps of other shale formations in the United States, a calendar of related events, and links to articles and data. The site is provided by the non-profit organization FracTracker Alliance.
- Rare Virginia Dragonflies and Damselflies, Wetlands One-stop Mapping, and Water Infrastructure Spending Report Featured in 6-18-13 Announcements from Virginia Water Monitoring Council
- Long-distance Migrating Red Knots and their Stopover on Virginia’s Eastern Shore are Focus of 6-18-13 WVTF Public Radio Feature
- On Virginia Water Radio for 6-17-13: Music and Sounds for the James River Batteau Festival
- Virginia and Chesapeake Bay Area Water News Headlines Sampler for June 8-14, 2013: Brunswick County Power Plant Proposal, Oyster Shell Replenishment, Animal-feeding Operations, Tropical Storm Andrea Impacts, Maryland Offshore Wind Project Proposal, and More
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings, June 17-July 1, 2013