Below are color-coded maps of precipitation (rain and snow) amounts in the Virginia (and nearby areas) and northeastern United States on October 29, 2012. The maps were accessed at the National Weather Service/Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service Web site at http://water.weather.gov/precip/. At that site, you can view precipitation for given states and time periods.
- Groundwater Depletions in 40 Aquifers Nationwide between 1900 and 2008 is Focus of May 2013 U.S. Geological Survey Report
- Tornado Preparedness in Virginia
- Tornado and Other Severe Storm Reports in Great Plains and Midwest May 18-20, 2013, from National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of 5-20-13: Fiddling the Forks of the Big Sandy River
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center Research in Coalfield Streams Highlighted in May 2013 Environmental Monitor Article