The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation has developed an online search tool for the information in its “Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration, and Landscaping” brochures. By submitting a common or scientific name, the user accesses information on whether the plant is a Virginia native or not, along with the region(s) where the plant is found; its habitat preferences; and its value for wildlife, in horticulture, etc. A link to the online native plant finder is available at http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/natural_heritage/nativeplants.shtml, where you can also access PDF files of the brochures, which are organized by particular Virginia’s regions and habitats. For more information on these native plant information resources, contact Rene Hypes, Va. Department of Conservation and Recreation/Division of Natural Heritage, 217 Governor St., Richmond, VA 23219; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virginia Water Central Newsletter/September 2015 Issue Available; Includes Water-bill Inventory from 2015 Va. General Assembly, Info. for Tracking the 2016 General Assembly, and Virginia Water Photo Sampler
- September 2015 Atlantic Tropical Storm Summary from the National Hurricane Center Issued October 1, 2015
- Power Outages in Virginia – Information Sources, as of October 2015
- Precipitation In Virginia – Information Sources, as of October 2015
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-5-15: Forks in the Water “Roads”