The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation has developed an online search tool for the information in its “Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration, and Landscaping” brochures. By submitting a common or scientific name, the user accesses information on whether the plant is a Virginia native or not, along with the region(s) where the plant is found; its habitat preferences; and its value for wildlife, in horticulture, etc. A link to the online native plant finder is available at http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/natural_heritage/nativeplants.shtml, where you can also access PDF files of the brochures, which are organized by particular Virginia’s regions and habitats. For more information on these native plant information resources, contact Rene Hypes, Va. Department of Conservation and Recreation/Division of Natural Heritage, 217 Governor St., Richmond, VA 23219; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly – Bills Related to Natural Gas Pipelines
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly: Coal Ash Management Bills
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly: Electric Utility Rate Review Bills
- Reducing Carbon Emissions from Power Plants in Virginia – Public Hearings in March 2018 on Proposed Carbon-trading Regulation; Proposal Follows Gov. Executive Directive Issued May 16, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Feb. 22-Mar. 7, 2018