On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Oklahoma/Texas Severe Weather and Flooding, May 2015
- 2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Released on May 27, Predicting “Below-normal” Season of 6 to 11 Named Storms; Virginia’s Hurricane-preparedness Tax Holiday Runs May 25-31
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending May 26, 2015
- Hydraulic Fracturing can be Prohibited by Virginia Localities, According to May 8, 2015, Formal Opinion by Attorney General
- Oil Pipeline Break and Spill in Santa Barbara County, California, on May 19, 2015; Summary and Information Sources