On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Applications Due by May 15 for the 2015 William R. Walker Award Graduate Research Fellow Award from the Virginia Water Resources Research Center
- Water Conservation at Commercial Car Washes is Focus of Certification Program by International Carwash Association
- Water and Land Use in Virginia State Government News Releases for Feb. 20—Feb. 26, 2015: Chesapeake Bay Ag BMPs Grant; Ag and Forestry Planning Grants; Block Grants for Water/Sewer Projects in SW Va.; Agricultural Mediation Service; Conservation Corps Snow-emergency Assistance to Town of Appalachia; Invasive Plant List, Consent Order for April 2014 James River Oil Tanker Spill in Lynchburg; Big Game 2014 Harvest Data; Conservation Officer Recruitment through Mar. 15; and Winter Oyster Season Extension
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Feb. 27–Mar. 16, 2015
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending February 24, 2015