On June 21, 9:30 a.m., at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Central Office, 629 E. Main Street in Richmond, the Assumption of 404 Study Stakeholders Group holds its first meeting. This group is assisting the DEQ in determining the benefits and costs of Virginia seeking authority from the U.S. EPA for the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting program, which regulates dredging and filling activities that impact wetlands and other surface waters and which is currently administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This determination is pursuant to House Joint Resolution 243 in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly. Click here for more details on the June 21 meeting.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Apr. 29-May 11, 2015
- Chesapeake Bay Commission to Meet May 7-8, 2015, in Washington, D.C.
- 12th Annual Leesburg, Va., Walk for Wells in African Country of Burkina Faso to be held May 9, 2015
- Non-partisan Information Source about Proposed Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline Developed by Virginia Tech Students in Spring 2015
- Bat Conservation is the Theme of Virginia Cave Week, April 19-25, 2015; and Bats’ Connections to Water are the Theme of Virginia Water Radio Episode 263, Posted 4/24/15