In May 2012, the Environmental Law Institute (ELI) published the second edition of the Clean Water Act Jurisdictional Handbook, replacing the 2007 edition. The handbook provides background and guidance on the federal Clean Water Act and the U.S. Supreme Court cases in 2001 and 2006 that affect how the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. EPA, and other federal and state agencies determine whether wetlands and streams are covered by the federal act. The publication is available for electronic download or print-copy purchase at http://www.elistore.org/reports_detail.asp?ID=11425; or contact ELI at 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 620, Washington, DC 20036; phone (202) 939-3800; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment