Mid-Atlantic Freshwater Wetlands: Advances in Wetlands Science, Management, Policy, and Practice is based on years of wetlands research coordinated by Riparia, a wetlands research center at Penn State University. The 491-page book includes 14 chapters on wetlands hydrology, soils, plants, animals, invertebrates, monitoring, assessment, regulatory programs, management, conservation, and restoration. Available for sale from Springer online at www.springer.com/environment/aquatic+sciences/book/978-1-4614-5595-0; or contact the publisher at (800) 777-4643 email@example.com. More information about the book and about the Riparia center is available online at http://www.wetlands.psu.edu/home.asp, or phone (814) 863-1596.
- Water-quality Certification for Proposed Atlantic Coast Natural Gas Pipeline Approved by Virginia State Water Control Board on Dec. 12, 2017, But with Delay Pending Additional Studies on Potential Erosion/sediment, Stormwater, and Karst Impacts
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 14-Dec. 27, 2017; Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Conowingo Dam on Susquehanna River is Focus of Dec. 14, 2017, Special Chesapeake Bay Commission Meeting in Annapolis, Md.
- GO Virginia Grants in December 2017 Include Funds for Shipbuilding Digital Manufacturing Training in Hampton Roads
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending December 11, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide