In early July 2013, the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation’s (DCR) Natural Heritage Division announced its new Virginia Natural Heritage Data Explorer, avaialble online at https://vanhde.org. The tool provides public access to many maps and data about specific habitats, specific organisms, and protected lands. Users can create customized maps starting with eight base maps, including those of Virginia counties, watersheds, or sub-watersheds. To create the tool, the DCR collaborated with the non-profit conservation organization NatureServe (http://www.natureserve.org/), which is working on similar platforms for other states (Virginia’s is the first tos start). The Web site includes a user guide. For more information, contact Julie Buchanan, Virginia DCR Public Relations Specialist, phone (804) 786-2292.
- Virginia State and Locality Responses to Hurricane Affected Areas in August-September 2017, According to Governor’s News Release on September 22, 2017
- Safe Wastewater Use in Agriculture is Focus of 2016 United Nations Publication
- Adapt Virginia Web Portal on Climate Change Adaptation Released in Summer 2017
- Virginia Sea Grant Fellowship Opportunities – Application Deadlines in November and December 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Sep. 21-Oct. 4, 2017