“Mountain Stream Symposium II–Continuing Challenges for Critical Ecosystems” will be held September 21, 2013, 8:45 a.m.-5:30 p.m., at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The symposium is organized by 4-VA, a collaboration among George Mason University, James Madison University, the University of Virginia, and Virginia Tech. This year’s symposium is a follow-up to Virginia Mountain Stream Symposium I, held in 2004 at the University of Virginia. For more information, visit http://www.jmu.edu/4-va/MSS2.shtml, or contact Christine May at maycl_at_jmu.edu.
- Water-quality Certification for Proposed Atlantic Coast Natural Gas Pipeline Approved by Virginia State Water Control Board on Dec. 12, 2017, But with Delay Pending Additional Studies on Potential Erosion/sediment, Stormwater, and Karst Impacts
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Dec. 14-Dec. 27, 2017; Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Conowingo Dam on Susquehanna River is Focus of Dec. 14, 2017, Special Chesapeake Bay Commission Meeting in Annapolis, Md.
- GO Virginia Grants in December 2017 Include Funds for Shipbuilding Digital Manufacturing Training in Hampton Roads
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending December 11, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide