As of September 3, 2013, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) is providing before (8-15-13) and after (8-31-13) satellite photos and other information on the “Rim Fire” near Yosemite National Park in California, online at http://eros.usgs.gov/views-news/rim-fire. As of September 3, the fire was the fourth-largest in California history, at over 235,000 acres.
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center’s Student Grant and Fellowship Award Winners for 2017-18
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL “Milestones” Progress Report for 2016 Published by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation on June 21, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 29-July 12, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 26, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- An Introduction to the Marshall Islands’ Sea-level Rise and Freshwater Issues, in 6/25/17 PBS NewsHour Video