As of September 3, 2013, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) is providing before (8-15-13) and after (8-31-13) satellite photos and other information on the “Rim Fire” near Yosemite National Park in California, online at http://eros.usgs.gov/views-news/rim-fire. As of September 3, the fire was the fourth-largest in California history, at over 235,000 acres.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending December 11, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- On Virginia Water Radio for 12-11-17: A Teal Tale
- Water-quality Certification for Proposed Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline Approved by Virginia State Water Control Board on Dec. 7, 2017; Lawsuit Filed Dec. 8
- Virginia Land Conservation Foundation Grants from Dominion Surry-Skiffes Creek Mitigation Agreement Announced in December 2017
- Virginia Takes a Sharp Turn to the Drier According to December 5, 2017, U.S. Drought Monitor