On October 17, 2013, in Fredericksburg, Virginia, the Virginia Floodplain Management Association will hold a workshop on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) re-mapping for coastal storm surges. The workshop will also include information on recent changes in Virginia at the departments of Environmental Quality and of Conservation and Recreation affecting floodplain management, dam safety, erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management. For more information, visit http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e7yg6e6fc67612e2&llr=nixricdab; or contact Don Rissmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 363-6208.
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center’s Student Grant and Fellowship Award Winners for 2017-18
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL “Milestones” Progress Report for 2016 Published by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation on June 21, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 29-July 12, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 26, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- An Introduction to the Marshall Islands’ Sea-level Rise and Freshwater Issues, in 6/25/17 PBS NewsHour Video