On Nov. 21, 2013, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at the Doubletree by Hilton in Richmond, HalfMoon Seminars of Altoona, Wisc., will hold Virginia Water Laws and Regulations. The seminar will cover Virginia surface-water and groundwater rights, water-withdrawal regulation and permitting, water-quality laws and regulations, regulated-waters jurisdiction cases and issues, Virginia water planning, water-utility regulation, and ethical issues for attorneys in water-related cases. Speakers include Jesse Richardson, an attorney and associate professor in the Virginia Tech Department of Urban Affairs and Planning, currently on sabbatical at the West Virginia University College of Law; Henry Pollard, a partner with the Richmond law firm of Christian and Barton; and James Ritter, an attorney with Christian and Barton. The seminar brochure is available (as PDF) at https://halfmoonseminars.com/pdf/415.pdf. For more information about HalfMoon Seminars, visit https://www.halfmoonseminars.com/, phone (715) 835-5900 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment