In late September 2013, the Staunton News-Leader published a series of articles on the legacy of mercury pollution in the South River near Waynesboro, Virginia. The South River is a tributary of the South Fork Shenandoah River, which in turn is in the Shenandoah/Potomac basin. Links to articles are available online at http://search.newsleader.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=South%20River%20Mercury (a subscription is required for online access beyond a limited number of complimentary views); or contact the newspaper at 11 N. Central Avenue, Staunton, VA 24402; phone (540) 885-7281.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 21-July 5, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 19, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for the week of June 18, 2018: Fish, Scenery, History, and More on the South Fork Holston River
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 15-28, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 11, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide