In late September 2013, the Staunton News-Leader published a series of articles on the legacy of mercury pollution in the South River near Waynesboro, Virginia. The South River is a tributary of the South Fork Shenandoah River, which in turn is in the Shenandoah/Potomac basin. Links to articles are available online at http://search.newsleader.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=South%20River%20Mercury (a subscription is required for online access beyond a limited number of complimentary views); or contact the newspaper at 11 N. Central Avenue, Staunton, VA 24402; phone (540) 885-7281.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment