In late September 2013, the Staunton News-Leader published a series of articles on the legacy of mercury pollution in the South River near Waynesboro, Virginia. The South River is a tributary of the South Fork Shenandoah River, which in turn is in the Shenandoah/Potomac basin. Links to articles are available online at http://search.newsleader.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=South%20River%20Mercury (a subscription is required for online access beyond a limited number of complimentary views); or contact the newspaper at 11 N. Central Avenue, Staunton, VA 24402; phone (540) 885-7281.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 15, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 1-15-18: As the Water Freezes (for Virginia’s K-3 Science Students)
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 11–Jan. 24, 2018, Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 9, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- Disaster Recovery Information Resource for College Students Available as of January 2018