In late September 2013, the Staunton News-Leader published a series of articles on the legacy of mercury pollution in the South River near Waynesboro, Virginia. The South River is a tributary of the South Fork Shenandoah River, which in turn is in the Shenandoah/Potomac basin. Links to articles are available online at http://search.newsleader.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=South%20River%20Mercury (a subscription is required for online access beyond a limited number of complimentary views); or contact the newspaper at 11 N. Central Avenue, Staunton, VA 24402; phone (540) 885-7281.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 17-18, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-16-17: Remembering the York River Events of October 19, 1781