In 2013, the U.S. EPA released its National Stormwater Calculator, a desktop application for estimating the annual amount of rainwater and frequency of runoff from a specific site anywhere in the United States (including Puerto Rico). Estimates are based on local soil conditions, land cover, and historic rainfall records. The calculator is online at http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/wswrd/wq/models/swc/.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment