In October 2013, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) released “Status of Virginia’s Water Resources: A Report on Virginia’s Water Resources Management Activities” (81 pages). This is the latest DEQ annual report submitted to the governor and Virginia General Assembly in accordance with Section 62.1-44.40 of the Virginia Code. According to the report’s summary, it “describes the status of the Commonwealth’s surface and groundwater resources, provides an overview of climatological conditions and impacts on water supplies in the Commonwealth, and provides an update on the Commonwealth’s Water Resources Management Program for the calendar year 2012, as well as an update regarding current 2013 conditions.” The report includes tables and graphs showing water uses by various categories (public water supply, power generation etc.) and by water source (surface water or groundwater). The report is available online at http://www.deq.state.va.us/Programs/Water/WaterSupplyWaterQuantity/WaterSupplyPlanning/AnnualWaterWithdrawalReporting.aspx. The report notes that its focus is water quantity, and that the Commonwealth’s water quality is addressed in its biennial 305b/303d Integrated Report submitted to the U.S. EPA, according to requirements of the federal Clean Water Act (that report is available online at http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/Water/WaterQualityInformationTMDLs/WaterQualityAssessments/2012305b303dIntegratedReport.aspx).
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 17-18, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-16-17: Remembering the York River Events of October 19, 1781