In a three-minute feature first broadcast on January 7, 2014, WVTF-FM public radio highlighted the remarkable diversity of freshwater mussels in southwestern Virginia—some 300 species are found there—and the Virginia Tech Freshwater Mollusk Conservation Center’s facilities for research and restoration. The audio and transcript are available online at http://wvtf.org/post/growing-mussels. More information about the Mollusk Conservation Center, which is operated by the Virginia Tech Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, is available online at http://fishwild.vt.edu/mussel/index.html; or phone (540)231-7241.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 20-August 2, 2017
- Virginia Chesapeake Bay Stakeholder Advisory Committee Meeting on July 21, 2017
- Drinking Water Funding in Va. – July 27, 2017, Public Comment Session on FY 2018 Intended Use Program
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending July 18, 2017, Plus a Mid-Month Drought Assessment and Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- National Hurricane Center’s Graphical Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook for 2 Days and 5 Days, as of July 17, 2017