In a three-minute feature first broadcast on January 7, 2014, WVTF-FM public radio highlighted the remarkable diversity of freshwater mussels in southwestern Virginia—some 300 species are found there—and the Virginia Tech Freshwater Mollusk Conservation Center’s facilities for research and restoration. The audio and transcript are available online at http://wvtf.org/post/growing-mussels. More information about the Mollusk Conservation Center, which is operated by the Virginia Tech Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, is available online at http://fishwild.vt.edu/mussel/index.html; or phone (540)231-7241.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 21-July 5, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 19, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for the week of June 18, 2018: Fish, Scenery, History, and More on the South Fork Holston River
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 15-28, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 11, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide