In a three-minute feature first broadcast on January 7, 2014, WVTF-FM public radio highlighted the remarkable diversity of freshwater mussels in southwestern Virginia—some 300 species are found there—and the Virginia Tech Freshwater Mollusk Conservation Center’s facilities for research and restoration. The audio and transcript are available online at http://wvtf.org/post/growing-mussels. More information about the Mollusk Conservation Center, which is operated by the Virginia Tech Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, is available online at http://fishwild.vt.edu/mussel/index.html; or phone (540)231-7241.
- FERC Approves Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipeline Projects on October 13, 2017
- Online Course on Urban BMPs Released in August 2017 by the Municipal Online Stormwater Training Center at U. of Md.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation