On March 4, 2014, the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy (DMME)/Division of Mined Lands Reclamation will hold a public meeting to receive comment on the Fiscal Year 2014 Abandoned Mine Land (AML) Grant Application. Each year, DMME applies to the federal Office of Surface Mining for grants to reclaim high-priority abandoned mine lands. The meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at the DMME office, 3405 Mountain Empire Road in Big Stone Gap (Wise Count). Information about Virginia’s AML program is available online at http://www.dmme.virginia.gov/DMLR/DmlrAmlLandingPage.shtml. For more information about the March 4 meeting, visit http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewMeeting.cfm?MeetingID=21186; or contact Richard Davis, DMME, (276) 523-8216, or email@example.com.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending December 11, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- On Virginia Water Radio for 12-11-17: A Teal Tale
- Water-quality Certification for Proposed Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline Approved by Virginia State Water Control Board on Dec. 7, 2017; Lawsuit Filed Dec. 8
- Virginia Land Conservation Foundation Grants from Dominion Surry-Skiffes Creek Mitigation Agreement Announced in December 2017
- Virginia Takes a Sharp Turn to the Drier According to December 5, 2017, U.S. Drought Monitor