“Measuring the Weather,” pages 20-23 in the September/October 2013 issue of Colorado Water, from the Water Center of Colorado State University, looks at the changes in weather-measuring technology from crafted, mechanical devices to today’s wide variety of electronic-based devices. The article also discusses how the proliferation of new devices has created challenges for getting data comparable across devices, data collectors, and time periods. The newsletter is available online (as PDF) at http://www.cwi.colostate.edu/newsletters.asp; or contact the Colorado center at (970) 491-6308; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment