An interactive map of power-generating plants in the mid-Atlantic region (including Virginia)—allowing users to click on a location to see emissions of carbon dioxide and gases—is available from the EPA at http://www.epa.gov/reg3artd/globclimate/r3pplants.html. The map is useful tool for considering the U.S. EPA’s proposed regulation on carbon emissions from power plants (announced June 2, 2014) or any other issues involving the connections among energy generation, air emissions, and water resources impacts (from those air emissions that eventually reach waterways).
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center’s Student Grant and Fellowship Award Winners for 2017-18
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL “Milestones” Progress Report for 2016 Published by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation on June 21, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 29-July 12, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 26, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- An Introduction to the Marshall Islands’ Sea-level Rise and Freshwater Issues, in 6/25/17 PBS NewsHour Video