“The Fish Head Chronicles” are a series of videos by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ Region 4 office. The videos cover a variety of aquatic life and fishery topics as sampling for Snakeheads at Mt. Vernon, invasive Water Chestnut removal, stream restoration on the Maury River, and population estimates of Smallmouth Bass in the New River. The videos are available online at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWwKl6ZCwUDtnmOCNxoAVsA.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment