In September 2014, the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread, located in Racine, Wisconsin, released Navigating New Shores: Seizing the Future for Sustainable and Resilient U.S. Freshwater Resources. The 56-page report is the culmination of a six-year initiative by the foundation to assess U.S. water-resources and water-infrastructure challenges. The initiative produced eight other reports prior to the September 2014 culminating report. The culminating report offers recommendations for five broad goals: 1) Optimize the use of available water supplies; 2) Transition to next-generation wastewater systems; 3) Integrate the management of water, energy and food production; 4) Institutionalize the value of water; and 5) Create integrated utilities. The culminating report, previous reports, and information about the initiative are available online at http://www.johnsonfdn.org/aboutus/capstone; or contact the foundation at 33 East Four Mile Road, Racine, Wisconsin 53402; (262) 639-3211.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 18–Jan. 31, 2017; Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 15, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 1-15-18: As the Water Freezes (for Virginia’s K-3 Science Students)
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 11–Jan. 24, 2018, Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 9, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide