In September 2014, the Johnson Foundation at Wingspread, located in Racine, Wisconsin, released Navigating New Shores: Seizing the Future for Sustainable and Resilient U.S. Freshwater Resources. The 56-page report is the culmination of a six-year initiative by the foundation to assess U.S. water-resources and water-infrastructure challenges. The initiative produced eight other reports prior to the September 2014 culminating report. The culminating report offers recommendations for five broad goals: 1) Optimize the use of available water supplies; 2) Transition to next-generation wastewater systems; 3) Integrate the management of water, energy and food production; 4) Institutionalize the value of water; and 5) Create integrated utilities. The culminating report, previous reports, and information about the initiative are available online at http://www.johnsonfdn.org/aboutus/capstone; or contact the foundation at 33 East Four Mile Road, Racine, Wisconsin 53402; (262) 639-3211.
- FERC Approves Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipeline Projects on October 13, 2017
- Online Course on Urban BMPs Released in August 2017 by the Municipal Online Stormwater Training Center at U. of Md.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation