Water is Not for Gambling: Utilizing Science to Reduce Uncertainty was the theme for the 2015 annual joint conference of the Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR), the National Institutes for Water Resources (NIWR), and the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI). The conference was held Jun. 16-18, 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The three sponsoring organizations all provide a network of collaboration among water-resources scientists at universities in the United States, including those at the Virginia Water Resources Research Center and at the other 53 water centers or institutes in the states and U.S. territories.
- FERC Approves Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Pipeline Projects on October 13, 2017
- Online Course on Urban BMPs Released in August 2017 by the Municipal Online Stormwater Training Center at U. of Md.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation