The 2015 edition of the New River Symposium took place May 19 at Radford University’s Selu Conservancy, near Radford, Va. The biennial symposium is organized by Friends of the New River, the New River Conservancy, and the Radford University Environmental Center. According to the organizers, the symposium aims to bring together the river’s diverse constituents and provide a forum for partnership, research, and policy development regarding the river’s ecological and cultural values. For more information, visit https://www.123signup.com/event?id=ykxcj; or contact Rick Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org, or George Santucci at email@example.com. For a news account of the 2015 symposium, see River lovers gather for discussion at Radford conference, Roanoke Times, 5/20/15.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 15, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 1-15-18: As the Water Freezes (for Virginia’s K-3 Science Students)
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 11–Jan. 24, 2018, Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 9, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- Disaster Recovery Information Resource for College Students Available as of January 2018