The 2015 edition of the New River Symposium took place May 19 at Radford University’s Selu Conservancy, near Radford, Va. The biennial symposium is organized by Friends of the New River, the New River Conservancy, and the Radford University Environmental Center. According to the organizers, the symposium aims to bring together the river’s diverse constituents and provide a forum for partnership, research, and policy development regarding the river’s ecological and cultural values. For more information, visit https://www.123signup.com/event?id=ykxcj; or contact Rick Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org, or George Santucci at email@example.com. For a news account of the 2015 symposium, see River lovers gather for discussion at Radford conference, Roanoke Times, 5/20/15.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 17-18, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-16-17: Remembering the York River Events of October 19, 1781