The 2015 edition of the New River Symposium took place May 19 at Radford University’s Selu Conservancy, near Radford, Va. The biennial symposium is organized by Friends of the New River, the New River Conservancy, and the Radford University Environmental Center. According to the organizers, the symposium aims to bring together the river’s diverse constituents and provide a forum for partnership, research, and policy development regarding the river’s ecological and cultural values. For more information, visit https://www.123signup.com/event?id=ykxcj; or contact Rick Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org, or George Santucci at email@example.com. For a news account of the 2015 symposium, see River lovers gather for discussion at Radford conference, Roanoke Times, 5/20/15.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment