The 26th annual Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race will be held October 11-18, 2015, over 127 nautical miles between Baltimore, Md., and Portsmouth, Va. Inspired by the historic competition between commercial schooners racing to beat one another to markets, the event seeks to increase public awareness of the Bay’s maritime history and to support protection and restoration of the Bay’s natural resources, with proceeds donated to educational programs of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. For more information: http://www.schoonerrace.org; phone (757) 393-2220; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment