The 26th annual Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race will be held October 11-18, 2015, over 127 nautical miles between Baltimore, Md., and Portsmouth, Va. Inspired by the historic competition between commercial schooners racing to beat one another to markets, the event seeks to increase public awareness of the Bay’s maritime history and to support protection and restoration of the Bay’s natural resources, with proceeds donated to educational programs of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. For more information: http://www.schoonerrace.org; phone (757) 393-2220; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 17-18, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-16-17: Remembering the York River Events of October 19, 1781