On June 23, 2015, Trout Unlimited, Inc., released “The State of the Trout,” a 80-page report on the status of 28 native trout species and their habitats in 38 states within 10 large “ecoregions”; those species’ and habitats’ outlook in response to impacts from land uses and development, water use, water pollution, invasive species, fishing, and climate change; and the results of various protection and restoration efforts. In Virginia, the native species is the Brook Trout; that species status in Virginia is discussed in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast ecoregion sections. The organization’s June 23 news release on the report is available online at http://www.tu.org/press-releases/tu-unveils-state-of-the-trout-report, and the report is available online at http://www.tu.org/stateofthetrout; ; or contact Trout Unlimited at 1777 N. Kent Street
Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22209; phone (800) 834-2419.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Oct. 19-Nov. 1, 2017
- Public Comment Opportunity on FY 2018 Virginia Clean Water Revolving Loan Fund Priority List – Ends with Public Meeting on Oct. 26, 2017
- CO2 Trading Webinar Held October 20, 2017, by Georgetown Climate Center for Va. Regulatory Advisory Committee on Carbon Dioxide Trading Regulation
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending October 17-18, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 10-16-17: Remembering the York River Events of October 19, 1781