On June 23, 2015, Trout Unlimited, Inc., released “The State of the Trout,” a 80-page report on the status of 28 native trout species and their habitats in 38 states within 10 large “ecoregions”; those species’ and habitats’ outlook in response to impacts from land uses and development, water use, water pollution, invasive species, fishing, and climate change; and the results of various protection and restoration efforts. In Virginia, the native species is the Brook Trout; that species status in Virginia is discussed in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast ecoregion sections. The organization’s June 23 news release on the report is available online at http://www.tu.org/press-releases/tu-unveils-state-of-the-trout-report, and the report is available online at http://www.tu.org/stateofthetrout; ; or contact Trout Unlimited at 1777 N. Kent Street
Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22209; phone (800) 834-2419.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment