“First Peoples and Water” is the theme of the July 2015 issue of Water Resoures Impact, the newsletter of the American Water Resources Association (AWRA), which is headquartered in Middleburg, Va. The articles discuss the special issues of water history, rights, and use by Native American tribes and on lands owned by those tribes. The articles focus more on issues in the western United States, but they nevertheless provide interesting and valuable background relevant to tribes throughout the country.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment