“First Peoples and Water” is the theme of the July 2015 issue of Water Resoures Impact, the newsletter of the American Water Resources Association (AWRA), which is headquartered in Middleburg, Va. The articles discuss the special issues of water history, rights, and use by Native American tribes and on lands owned by those tribes. The articles focus more on issues in the western United States, but they nevertheless provide interesting and valuable background relevant to tribes throughout the country.
- Happy 60th Anniversary in 2017 for the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia’s Luray Caverns
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 22-July 5, 2017
- Virginia Solid Waste Report for 2016 Data Issued on June 20, 2017, by Va. DEQ
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 19, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- National Hurricane Center’s Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook for 2 Days and 5 Days, as of June 20, 2017; Updated 6/21/17 with Information on Tropical Storm Cindy