“First Peoples and Water” is the theme of the July 2015 issue of Water Resoures Impact, the newsletter of the American Water Resources Association (AWRA), which is headquartered in Middleburg, Va. The articles discuss the special issues of water history, rights, and use by Native American tribes and on lands owned by those tribes. The articles focus more on issues in the western United States, but they nevertheless provide interesting and valuable background relevant to tribes throughout the country.
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Water Resources Conference for 2017: October 12-13 in Shepherdstown, West Va.; Abstracts for Proposed Presentations Due June 1
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for April 27-May 10, 2017
- New River PCBs are Subject of Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Study in 2016-17; Draft TMDL Ready for Public Comment in May 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending April 24, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding on April 25
- Reforestation for History, Habitat, and Water Quality at Prince William County, Va., Civil War Battlefield