In 2016, Virginia’s regulatory program for licensing onsite sewage system professionals is undergoing its first general review since 2009. A public hearing on the review, which is under the Board for Waterworks and Wastewater Works Operators and Onsite Sewage System Professionals, will be held Jan. 28, 2016, starting at 10:00 a.m., at the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive in Richmond. According to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall notice for this meeting (available online at http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewMeeting.cfm?MeetingID=23697, as of 1/18/16), “Chapters 892 and 924 of the Acts of the 2007 General Assembly, which were the result of House Bill 3134 and Senate Bill 1270 respectively, required the Board to establish a program for licensing individuals as onsite soil evaluators, onsite sewage system installers, and onsite sewage system operators [and that] program was incorporated into the regulations which govern waterworks and wastewater works operators. …[Those licensing] regulations have not undergone cumulative review since the inclusion of the onsite sewage program in 2009.” The regulations are in the Virginia Administrative Code starting at Sec. 18 VAC 16-20. More information on the general review of these regulations is available online at http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/viewaction.cfm?actionid=4226&display=stages.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Mar. 16-Mar. 28, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending March 13, 2018, Plus a Flood Stage Overview and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 3-12-18: A Shorebird Often Found Far from the Beach
- Va. Lakes and Watersheds Association’s Leo Bourassa Scholarships for 2018 – April 1 is Deadline to Apply
- Atlantic Coast Natural Gas Pipeline Construction under Virginia Bottomlands is Subject of Va. Marine Resources Commission Public Hearing on March 16, 2018