On April 28, 2016, in Hickory, N.C., the North Carolina Water Resources Research Institute (located at North Carolina State University; online at https://wrri.ncsu.edu/) will hold an Erosion and Sediment Control Planning and Design Workshop for Design Professionals, Contractors, and Developers. According to the organizers, the workshop aims to provide information on sediment control activities, requirements, and best practices in North Carolina as related to the NC Sedimentation Pollution Control Act. Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits (for engineers and surveyors) and Continuing Education Units (for landscape architects) will be available. More information: https://wrri.ncsu.edu/wrri-events/esc-workshop/; (919) 515-2815; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment