On April 28, 2016, in Hickory, N.C., the North Carolina Water Resources Research Institute (located at North Carolina State University; online at https://wrri.ncsu.edu/) will hold an Erosion and Sediment Control Planning and Design Workshop for Design Professionals, Contractors, and Developers. According to the organizers, the workshop aims to provide information on sediment control activities, requirements, and best practices in North Carolina as related to the NC Sedimentation Pollution Control Act. Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits (for engineers and surveyors) and Continuing Education Units (for landscape architects) will be available. More information: https://wrri.ncsu.edu/wrri-events/esc-workshop/; (919) 515-2815; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Happy 60th Anniversary in 2017 for the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia’s Luray Caverns
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 22-July 5, 2017
- Virginia Solid Waste Report for 2016 Data Issued on June 20, 2017, by Va. DEQ
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 19, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- National Hurricane Center’s Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook for 2 Days and 5 Days, as of June 20, 2017; Updated 6/21/17 with Information on Tropical Storm Cindy