“Walking for Water” is an annual walk in Leesburg, Virginia, to raise funds for water wells and other needs in Burkina Faso and other countries in western Africa. A student at Heritage High School in Leesburg began the event in 2004, which has now expanded to California. The 2016 walk (the 13th annual) is on May 7. For more information, visit http://www.wisdomspring.org/programs/walking-for-water/; or contact Wisdom Spring, Inc., Walking for Water, 5960 South Land Park Drive #200; Sacramento, CA 95822; phone to Cheri Faley at (703) 201-9709, or Susan Hough at (703) 505-5152; or e-mail: Walking4h2o@gmail.com.
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Water Resources Conference for 2017: October 12-13 in Shepherdstown, West Va.; Abstracts for Proposed Presentations Due June 1
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for April 27-May 10, 2017
- New River PCBs are Subject of Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Study in 2016-17; Draft TMDL Ready for Public Comment in May 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending April 24, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding on April 25
- Reforestation for History, Habitat, and Water Quality at Prince William County, Va., Civil War Battlefield