“Walking for Water” is an annual walk in Leesburg, Virginia, to raise funds for water wells and other needs in Burkina Faso and other countries in western Africa. A student at Heritage High School in Leesburg began the event in 2004, which has now expanded to California. The 2016 walk (the 13th annual) was on May 7. For more information, visit http://www.wisdomspring.org/programs/walking-for-water/; or contact Wisdom Spring, Inc., Walking for Water, 5960 South Land Park Drive #200; Sacramento, CA 95822; phone to Cheri Faley at (703) 201-9709, or Susan Hough at (703) 505-5152; or e-mail: Walking4h2o@gmail.com.
- Draft Regulation on Reducing Carbon Emissions by Electricity-generating Plants in Virginia Approved Nov. 16, 2017, by Air Pollution Control Board
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Nov. 17-Nov. 29, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending November 13, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- Proper Well Abandonment is Well Worth Discussing on the 30th Anniversary in 2017 of “Baby Jessica” in Texas
- The Challenges of Wave Energy – An Overview on the Nov. 12, 2017, PBS NewsHour