“Walking for Water” is an annual walk in Leesburg, Virginia, to raise funds for water wells and other needs in Burkina Faso and other countries in western Africa. A student at Heritage High School in Leesburg began the event in 2004, which has now expanded to California. The 2016 walk (the 13th annual) is on May 7. For more information, visit http://www.wisdomspring.org/programs/walking-for-water/; or contact Wisdom Spring, Inc., Walking for Water, 5960 South Land Park Drive #200; Sacramento, CA 95822; phone to Cheri Faley at (703) 201-9709, or Susan Hough at (703) 505-5152; or e-mail: Walking4h2o@gmail.com.
- Happy 60th Anniversary in 2017 for the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia’s Luray Caverns
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 22-July 5, 2017
- Virginia Solid Waste Report for 2016 Data Issued on June 20, 2017, by Va. DEQ
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 19, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- National Hurricane Center’s Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook for 2 Days and 5 Days, as of June 20, 2017; Updated 6/21/17 with Information on Tropical Storm Cindy