“Walking for Water” is an annual walk in Leesburg, Virginia, to raise funds for water wells and other needs in Burkina Faso and other countries in western Africa. A student at Heritage High School in Leesburg began the event in 2004, which has now expanded to California. The 2016 walk (the 13th annual) was on May 7. For more information, visit http://www.wisdomspring.org/programs/walking-for-water/; or contact Wisdom Spring, Inc., Walking for Water, 5960 South Land Park Drive #200; Sacramento, CA 95822; phone to Cheri Faley at (703) 201-9709, or Susan Hough at (703) 505-5152; or e-mail: Walking4h2o@gmail.com.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Aug.17-Aug. 30, 2017
- Eastern Virginia Groundwater Management Advisory Committee Final Report Released in August 2017
- Draft Biennial Water Quality Report Released by Virginia DEQ on Aug. 7, 2017; Public Comment Period Ends Sep. 6, 2017
- An August 2017 Assessment of the James River at Richmond, 45 Years After Passage of the Federal Clean Water Act
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending August 14, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment