On December 2, 2016, at Maritime Institute, North Linthicum, Md., the Maryland Water Monitoring Council will hold its 22th annual conference. This year’s theme is “A River Runs Through It – Strengthening Networks and Connections.” Themes for individual sessions include Climate Change, Sustainable Bay Fisheries, Citizen Science, Stream Restoration Monitoring, Community Partners, Blue-green Algae, National Aquatic Resource Surveys, Road Salt, and the Air-Water Interface. October 19 is the deadline to submit an abstract for a proposed presentation. For more information, visit http://dnr2.maryland.gov/streams/Pages/MWMC/conference.aspx; or contact Dan Boward at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 260-8605.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 18–Jan. 31, 2017; Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 15, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- On Virginia Water Radio for 1-15-18: As the Water Freezes (for Virginia’s K-3 Science Students)
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Jan. 11–Jan. 24, 2018, Including 2018 Virginia General Assembly Information
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending January 9, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide