On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending July 18, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 18-August 3, 2018
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of July 16, 2018: An Introduction to Marshes
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 12-July 27, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending July 10, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide