On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Water and Environmental Change are the Focus of the 2017 Joint Conference of Two Water Researcher Networks, to be held Jun. 13-15, 2017, at Colorado State University
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending February 20, 2017
- Water in the 2017 Virginia General Assembly: Nutrient Credits
- February 24, 2016, Tornado in Appomattox County, Va., Recalled One Year Later in Lynchburg News & Advance Article
- On Virginia Water Radio for 2-20-17: Plunging In for Special Olympics