On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Virginia State and Locality Responses to Hurricane Affected Areas in August-September 2017, According to Governor’s News Release on September 22, 2017
- Safe Wastewater Use in Agriculture is Focus of 2016 United Nations Publication
- Adapt Virginia Web Portal on Climate Change Adaptation Released in Summer 2017
- Virginia Sea Grant Fellowship Opportunities – Application Deadlines in November and December 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Sep. 21-Oct. 4, 2017