On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Waterworks Apprenticeship Program for Roanoke County, Va., High School Students Described in 11/14/17 Roanoke Times Article
- On Virginia Water Radio for 11-20-17: Water’s on the Table for Thanksgiving
- Draft Regulation on Reducing Carbon Emissions by Electricity-generating Plants in Virginia Approved Nov. 16, 2017, by Air Pollution Control Board
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Nov. 17-Nov. 29, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending November 13, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment