On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 27-August 9, 2017
- F-2 Tornado on Kent Island, Maryland, on July 24, 2017
- Economic Impact of Virginia’s Agriculture and Forestry Described in May 2017 Report
- Healthy Watersheds Forest Retention Project Report Released in June 2017
- Final Environmental Impact Statement for Proposed Atlantic Coast Natural Gas Pipeline Issued by FERC on July 21, 2017