On November 28, 2016, the PBS NewsHour aired a 5 min./25 sec. report on coal mine reclamation and particularly on clean-up of abandoned coal-mining sites. “Why cleaning up abandoned coal mines is so important — and difficult,” available online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/cleaning-abandoned-coal-mines-important-difficult/, discusses issues of waste left at abandoned mines, reclamation at active mines, potential water-quality impacts of abandoned mine wastes, and funding. The report includes examples from Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly – Bills Related to Natural Gas Pipelines
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly: Coal Ash Management Bills
- Water in the 2018 Virginia General Assembly: Electric Utility Rate Review Bills
- Reducing Carbon Emissions from Power Plants in Virginia – Public Hearings in March 2018 on Proposed Carbon-trading Regulation; Proposal Follows Gov. Executive Directive Issued May 16, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Feb. 22-Mar. 7, 2018