On July 19-20, 2017, South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium (Consortium), the South Carolina Aquarium (SCA), and the National Park Service (NPS) will hold Rising Tides and Changing Times–A Climate Change Workshop for Educators. The event will be at the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston. According to the event Web site, “[s]cientists from the Consortium and SCA will share information about climate impacts on both our community and wildlife; the NPS will discuss climate change from a historical perspective during a tour of Fort Sumter; and technology will be used to investigate downtown Charleston’s challenges with flooding during a ‘Climate Change Amazing Race’ competition.” While the event will feature Charleston as an example of sea-level rise and other impacts of climate change, it will involve National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) tools and activities that can used by teachers in other states.
- Virginia State and Locality Responses to Hurricane Affected Areas in August-September 2017, According to Governor’s News Release on September 22, 2017
- Safe Wastewater Use in Agriculture is Focus of 2016 United Nations Publication
- Adapt Virginia Web Portal on Climate Change Adaptation Released in Summer 2017
- Virginia Sea Grant Fellowship Opportunities – Application Deadlines in November and December 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for Sep. 21-Oct. 4, 2017