On July 19-20, 2017, South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium (Consortium), the South Carolina Aquarium (SCA), and the National Park Service (NPS) will hold Rising Tides and Changing Times–A Climate Change Workshop for Educators. The event will be at the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston. According to the event Web site, “[s]cientists from the Consortium and SCA will share information about climate impacts on both our community and wildlife; the NPS will discuss climate change from a historical perspective during a tour of Fort Sumter; and technology will be used to investigate downtown Charleston’s challenges with flooding during a ‘Climate Change Amazing Race’ competition.” While the event will feature Charleston as an example of sea-level rise and other impacts of climate change, it will involve National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) tools and activities that can used by teachers in other states.
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending July 18, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide and a Mid-Month Drought Assessment
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 18-August 3, 2018
- On Virginia Water Radio for the Week of July 16, 2018: An Introduction to Marshes
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for July 12-July 27, 2018
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending July 10, 2018, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide