Teaching Trees, a teacher-training workshop on forest ecology, management, and utilization, will be held July 19 and 20, 2017, in Charlottesville. The workshop is organized by the Skyline Chapter of Society of American Foresters, Virginia Cooperative Extension, the Virginia Department of Forestry, and other partners. For more information, visit http://register.ext.vt.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=31615&selectedProgramAreaId=25575&selectedProgramStreamId; or contact Ellen Powell, phone (434) 220-9083, e-mail: email@example.com.
- 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Released on May 25, 2017, Predicting 11 to 17 Named Storms
- Chesapeake Bay Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Increased Eight Percent in 2016, According to Bay Program and VIMS Annual Survey Results Released in April 2017
- Virginia Safe Boating Information Sources for National Safe Boating Week, May 20-26, 2017
- Individual 401 Water-quality Certification Permits would NOT be Required in Virginia for Proposed Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline Projects, according to Va. DEQ on May 24, 2017; Agency Acknowledges Incorrect Announcement of April 6, 2017
- Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Survey for Winter 2017 Shows 31-percent Increase in Spawning Females over 2016, But Declines in Juveniles and Total Population