A wide-ranging look at water quality issues in the James River in and near Richmond is offered by Jackie Kruszewski in Fertilizers, Chemicals, Poop and (Maybe) Coal Ash: What’s Plaguing the James River? in Style Weekly (Richmond), 6/6/17. The article includes segments on wastewater treatment, stream restoration, stormwater impacts, coal ash management, and funding for Chesapeake Bay restoration.
- Virginia Water Resources Research Center’s Student Grant and Fellowship Award Winners for 2017-18
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL “Milestones” Progress Report for 2016 Published by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation on June 21, 2017
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for June 29-July 12, 2017
- Virginia Precipitation and Stream Flow for the 7-day Period Ending June 26, 2017, Plus an Overview of Flooding Nationwide
- An Introduction to the Marshall Islands’ Sea-level Rise and Freshwater Issues, in 6/25/17 PBS NewsHour Video