Greetings from Alan Raflo, research associate at the Virginia Water Resources Research Center in Blacksburg, Virginia (www.vwrrc.vt.edu). I use this site to post short accounts of news articles or other items related to Virginia’s water resources. Items from other states are included if they have some relevance for Virginia. See the list of categories for the groupings I use. If you have comments about this service, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 540-2312-5463.
- 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Released on May 25, 2017, Predicting 11 to 17 Named Storms
- Chesapeake Bay Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Increased Eight Percent in 2016, According to Bay Program and VIMS Annual Survey Results Released in April 2017
- Virginia Safe Boating Information Sources for National Safe Boating Week, May 20-26, 2017
- Individual 401 Water-quality Certification Permits would NOT be Required in Virginia for Proposed Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley Natural Gas Pipeline Projects, according to Va. DEQ on May 24, 2017; Agency Acknowledges Incorrect Announcement of April 6, 2017
- Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab Survey for Winter 2017 Shows 31-percent Increase in Spawning Females over 2016, But Declines in Juveniles and Total Population