“Walking for Water” is an annual walk in Leesburg, Virginia, to raise funds for water wells and other needs in Burkina Faso and other countries in western Africa. A student at Heritage High School in Leesburg began the event in 2004, which has now expanded to California. The 2016 walk (the 13th annual) is on May 7. For more information, visit http://www.wisdomspring.org/programs/walking-for-water/; or contact Wisdom Spring, Inc., Walking for Water, 5960 South Land Park Drive #200; Sacramento, CA 95822; phone to Cheri Faley at (703) 201-9709, or Susan Hough at (703) 505-5152; or e-mail: Walking4h2o@gmail.com.
- Walking in Leesburg, Va., for Water in Western Africa – 13th Annual Walk on May 7, 2016
- Virginia Water-related Government Meetings for May 3-16, 2016
- On Virginia Water Radio for 5-2-16: Sounds and Music to Call Attention to Drinking Water Week, May 1-7, 2016
- Abnormally Dry Conditions Across Almost All of Virginia, Plus Moderate Drought in Parts of the Commonwealth, Shown in April 26, 2016, U.S. Drought Monitor Map; First Areas of Moderate Drought Since Drought Monitor of Jul. 15, 2014
- Carbon Capture and Storage at Coal-fired Boundary Dam Power Station in Canada Reviewed in Mar. 29, 2016, New York Times Article